Wednesday, August 29, 2012

with wings like eagles

I now have several class days under my belt (that is one cliche that I will not forget, but that is another story entirely). The Lord has been gracious in providing me so many things:
  • great mentor teacher and fabulous co-teachers who continue to encourage me and challenge me.
  • a little bit of extra finances - trust, for He will provide! (read this in Psalms 50 the other day: "For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.") God does not lack resources!
  • a place to lay my head at night that is only 15 minutes from school (instead of 47 minutes)!
  • more confidence in the classroom - as I continue to learn and grow, the Lord is blessing me with more confidence about teaching. There is still much to learn and many ways to grow, so please keep praying for me.
  • time to work on my plethora (good word choice!) of assignments for my internship and my graduate class. But, it the load only gets heavier from here! Pray that the Lord would strengthen me as I continue to pursue this passion He has given me! Isaiah 40:31 is one of my favorite verses, but a few verses before is also just as moving: "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength...But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint." On the following page, in Isaiah 41:10, the Lord follows with another promise: "Fear though not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am they God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." My, how well the Lord knows grad school - even thousands of years ago! 
Thank you for your prayers! I covet them and can feel the Lord using them. Please keep praying for me!
Saved by Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment